Sunday 1 April 2012

Tutorial seven - Communication - other blogs

Blog feed


I have chosen to provide feeds on my blog to four Occupational Therapy-related blogs, and also to  two fellow students' blogs (Rachel Packer and Lauren James).

My OT blogs are:

Paediatric occupational therapy :
 http://drzachryspedsottips.blogspot.co.nz/

Healthskills - how occupational engagement might work in pain management: http://healthskills.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/how-occupational-engagement-might-work-in-pain-management/

Salford University (UK) Occupational Therapy blog


An OT in the US mental health's blog:


Posting comments on other blogs

I did send try to post a comment on the blog of the the US OT who was setting up a new OT service in a mental health setting, and was seeking comments about assessments. If you were to link to that blog, you would see the beginning of my effort which refers to a recent comment by a "New Zealand.." However, for some reason this was not published successfully. At least I will be able to try in future situations, if I consider it important enough to register and join the blog.


I published a comment on fellow student RJ Packer's blog. The evidence of this is as copied and pasted below
  
"LudditeApr 14, 2012 08:53 PM I found these THR films very interesting. As someone who has had a hip replacement I found the hardest part was getting into the habit of using the taught techniques, for example, getting into the car. I wonder whether some patients would benefit from having films like these uploaded and available on their computers as reminders. This could reinforce learning of the needed habits. I will remember this in my OT practice if I am involved in teaching physical techniques."

Communication from others on my blog

I have received a posting from another student, commenting on my video clips about the use of switching devices. The evidence for this is at the bottom of my Posting of Tutorial Five (online videos), where there are Comments noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment